What bulbs do I need to work with Alexa?
Here are the smart bulbs that work with Alexa
- TP-Link LB100 LED – $20 each.
- TP-Link LB110 LED – $25 each.
- TP-Link LB120 LED – $35 each.
- Lifx White 800 LED – $40 each.
- Lifx Color 1000 LED – $60 each.
- Cree Connected LED – $15 each, requires smart home hub.
- GE Link LED – $15 each, requires smart-home hub.
Does Alexa work with light bulbs?
Alexa works with many smart bulbs including Philips Hue and LIFX bulbs. … However, even the cheapest Wi-Fi bulbs can be expensive, so if you don’t want to splash out on new lights, you can instead buy smart switches that are compatible with Alexa.
Why won’t Alexa find my light bulb?
If your smart light bulb isn’t working, or Alexa can’t discover it, reset your device. To reset your smart light bulb: Go to the manufacturer’s companion app or website to follow instructions specific to your device. Reconnect your smart home device to Alexa in the Alexa app.
Do you need special light bulbs for Echo dot?
The Echo Dot comes with a pair of Philips Hue white A19 smart bulbs, which are Bluetooth- and Zigbee-compatible, so the setup and pairing is ridiculously easy. Since the lights connect via Bluetooth, you can just tell your new Dot, “Alexa, discover devices,” and it should pair by itself — you don’t need the Hub.
What is the smart bulb for Alexa?
LE Smart Light Bulb, RGB Color Changing LED Bulbs, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant, Dimmable A19 E26 Bulb 60 Watt Equivalent, 2.4GHz WiFi Only, No Hub Required, 2 Pack.
How do I connect Alexa lights to my house?
How to connect Alexa to smart lights
- Open the Alexa app, then turn on the light you want to connect.
- Navigate to the Devices tab, then tap All Devices. Quick tip: If you see a button that says Lights, tap that to connect.
- Scroll down the list to find the light you want to connect. Tap the name of the light.
How do you make Alexa lights rainbow?
To set a Rainbow timer, say, “Set a 5-minute Rainbow timer with [device name].” Rainbow timers work with any color-changing smart light connected to Alexa. When the timer starts, the light cycles through the colors of the rainbow.
Can Alexa turn on lights in different rooms?
Instead, you can just say “Alexa, turn the lights on”. … Like, if you wanted to turn on the living room lights while you were in your bedroom, you can still say “Alexa, turn the living room lights on”.
Can Alexa dim lights without dimmer switch?
The simple answer to your question is No. Amazon smart plugs cannot dim lights. This is not a result of a missing light dimming feature of its app, but the smart plug unit does not have dimming light capabilities. Smart plugs are meant primarily to automatically turn on or off your lights that are plugged into it.
Does merkury work with Alexa?
The Merkury smart bulb can also work with Alexa and Cortana, which would make it possible for you to use your voice control commands to control the bulb if you would like.
Can my echo dot control my lights?
Connect your smart lights to Alexa for easy voice control. … Use your voice to turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, find TV shows, and more with compatible connected devices. Echo Dot is our most popular voice-controlled speaker, now with improved sound and a new design.
What can Alexa turn on?
The best Alexa compatible devices you can buy today
- Amazon Fire TV Cube. The best Alexa compatible device for streaming. …
- Philips Hue White LED Starter Kit. The best Alexa compatible smart lights. …
- Lifx Mini. …
- Wemo WiFi Smart Plug. …
- August WiFi Smart Lock. …
- Ecobee 5th Generation Thermostat. …
- Arlo Q. …
- LG CX OLED TV.