How do you clean a satin lamp shade?
How to Clean Your Lampshades Correctly
- For silk or linen shades, start with a light dusting by a feather duster, microcloth, or gentle vacuum to remove dirt.
- Next, mix a teaspoon of very gentle detergent or Ivory soap with water in the tub or sink. …
- Rinse the shade gently with warm water and hang to dry.
How do you clean a dirty fabric lampshade?
Fabric lampshades are magnets for dust and pet hair. You can’t just throw them in the washing machine, so what do you do? We’ve found that a lint roller works really well. Simply run a lint roller up and down your lamp shade until it looks clean.
What is the best way to clean lamp shades?
Combine a few drops of mild dishwashing liquid with warm water. Dampen a clean microfiber cloth with your soapy water. Gently wipe the shade clean. Let the shade dry completely, and buff out any streaks with a dry microfiber cloth before putting it back into place.
How do you get stains out of lamp shades?
For spots that are tougher to remove, wet a soft microfiber cloth with warm water and a few drops of the gentlest soap you have. Baby shampoo or a mild laundry detergent are both great options. Carefully scrub the lampshade with the cloth, adding more soap and water as needed.
How do you remove water stains from a lampshade?
Mix cold water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid in the bowl, then saturate a sponge in this mixture. Gently dab the sponge on the water stain to soak the affected area and the surrounding fabric. Rinse the shade. (Rinse the shade with the faucet sprayer attachment in the sink.
How do I get a stain out of silk?
Make a gentle silk stain remover out of a couple of tablespoons of either white vinegar or lemon juice, mixed with a couple of tablespoons of lukewarm water. Test the solution on a small, inconspicuous area of the silk first, before dabbing the stain with it using a clean, white cloth. Do not rub the stain.
How do you remove nicotine stains from a lampshade?
How to Remove Nicotine Stains From Lamp Shades
- Fabric lamp shades: Add a cup of white vinegar to the standard lamp shade bath.
- Plastic lamp shades: Create a mixture of 50/50 vinegar to water and spray down the shade. Repeat until stains are gone.