When driving at night if the oncoming lights are blinding you you should?
If the headlights of an oncoming vehicle are blinding, glance toward the right edge of the road instead of looking directly ahead. This should keep your vehicle safely on the road until you pass the oncoming vehicle.
When a car behind you has their high beams on day or night you should *?
If you are driving with your high-beam lights on, you must dim them at least 500 ft from any oncoming vehicle, so you don’t blind the oncoming driver. You must use low-beam lights if you are within 200-300 ft of the vehicle you are following.
When driving at night which vehicle lights should you turn on?
Get your lights sorted
- You must have your headlights on if you’re driving between 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise. …
- When you’re following another car, keep your headlights on low (not full beam). …
- You must also dip your lights if you’ve stopped on the side of the road.
How can I stop an oncoming car?
When There Is an Oncoming Vehicle in Your Lane
- Quickly slow your vehicle by easing off the gas and press the brake pedal.
- Flash your headlights and blast the horn as a warning.
- Steer to the right of the oncoming vehicle.
- Try to steer into any available clear area, like a shoulder.
- Drive off the road if necessary.
What 3 things do you do if a car is approaching head on?
Stay in the center of your lane, blow your horn, and brake. If another vehicle is approaching you head-on in your lane, you should first honk your horn to attract attention. If the other driver does not move over, try to escape to the right.
When meeting a vehicle at night with one headlight you should?
The law is also known as the “Compulsory Insurance Law”. When meeting a Vehicle at night with one headlight, you should? 1. Stop where you are until the vehicle passes.
Terms in this set (18)
- Focus on the center line.
- Concentrated on the car ahead.
- Fixed one quarter mile ahead.
- Moving to observe traffic.
When should you meet an oncoming car at night?
Focus eyes directly on the steering. Focus eyes directly on the oncoming vehicle? s lights. Increase speed to pass the oncoming vehicle.
When should you approach another car at night?
When approaching the other vehicle from the rear at night, one must dim the high beam headlights within 200 feet of the other vehicle. Explanation : The high beam headlights should be used safely as it can eliminate the road from 350 to 400 feet ahead.
Which of the following should you do if a vehicle using its high beams comes toward you?
Flash your high beams. If a vehicle using high beams comes toward you, flash your high beams quickly a few times. If the driver does not dim their lights, look toward the right side of the road. This will keep you from being blinded by the other vehicle’s headlights.
What is the correct response when your vehicle starts to skid?
Most skids occur when conditions are slippery. If you find yourself in a skid, take your feet off the pedals. Stop braking and stop accelerating. Then, quickly turn the steering wheel in the direction you want to go.