How do I know if my CFL bulb is bad?
How to Tell If a Fluorescent Tube Is Bad?
- Check the ends of the tube. If they appear darkened this indicates the bulb is burned out.
- Rotate the tube in the fixture if the bulb is not darkened on either end.
- Remove the bulb from the fixture if the bulb is still not illuminating.
How do you test a CFL bulb?
Set a multimeter to the ohm (Omega symbol) setting, then touch one tester probe to each of the pins at the end of the bulb. If the tester shows a reading between 0.5 and 1.2 ohms, the bulb has continuity.
How do I test a CFL with a multimeter?
Steps for Testing the Bulb
- Set your multimeter: Begin by turning the dial on your multimeter to the “ohms” setting.
- Test your multimeter: Touch the two probes of your multimeter together. …
- Connect the pins: The multimeter will have two small test probes, which you can touch to the light bulb to get a reading.
Can you use a multimeter as a test light?
If you don’t happen to have a working bulb handy, you can use a light socket tester or test the fixture with a multimeter. … There are two procedures to check a light socket with a multimeter, one of which requires the power to be on and another you can do with the power off.
Why is my light bulb not working?
First check the bulb. … Tighten the bulb if it is loose, then try the switch again. If a problem remains, be sure the switch is off, remove the bulb and substitute a new one. If the light does not work with a new bulb, check whether the circuit breaker or fuse governing the fixture has tripped or blown.